This website is administered by Flanders DC with its registered office at Diestsevest 76, 3000 Leuven. For all questions, comments or any complaints, you can reach us at the email address firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The online services of Flanders DC: websites, applications and internet services giving you access to the content of Flanders DC;
- All other services with which you come into contact, such as counselling interviews, competitions, events, etc.
We may adjust our policy at certain times. We will communicate the amended terms as clearly as possible; they will take effect from the moment that they have been announced. In the event of important changes, we will inform you personally as much as possible and, if necessary, ask for your permission again.
The collection of personal data
Why do we collect your personal data?
We collect your personal data to be able to offer our users even better services.
With some personal details, we get to know our users better and we can ensure that we tailor our services as much as possible to your needs. In addition, we can use these personal details to easily contact you.
How does Flanders DC collect your data?
When you participate in a special campaign or promotion, you will be required to provide certain personal details. Your personal details will also be requested when you participate in a competition or when you download additional information. These data will be stored in our system.
What data are involved?
We only collect data that provide us with information about the services you use, and how. For example, we store your first and last name, email address, address and telephone number to be able to contact you more easily in connection with orders and invoices. We also save your IP address to be able to verify your identity and save your preferences. In addition, we save log file data (such as pages opened, mouse clicks, date and time of your visit, browser, etc.) and device details (such as IP address, brand, type, operating system, etc.).
We specifically save the following data:
- First and last name and gender
- To be able to address you personally in subsequent communication, we like to use your personal data. These are also necessary to be able to register your order.
- We will give you most quotations in person or send them by email. But we will send some information to your home address.
- Telephone number
- We may need to contact you with regard to your order. We will certainly call you if there are any questions about an order or to follow up. Sometimes we will call you after you have received a quotation to check if everything is clear. We may also call you after completion of an order to check if everything has been to your satisfaction.
- IP address
- If possible, we look at your IP address online so that we can remember your preferences and offer you advice accordingly.
- Email address
- You will receive an email about your quotation, invoice and the orders that you have placed. You will also receive newsletters via email. If you no longer wish to receive newsletters and offers, you can easily unsubscribe via the unsubscribe link in the newsletter.
Personal data that we receive from third parties
When you log into our services via a social media account, you agree that this account shares your personal data with us. This means basic information such as your name, email address, date of birth, place of residence and gender, but also data with regard to your behaviour on social network sites. You can manage the sharing options for your personal data via the settings of the relevant social media.
What do we use your data for?
- To provide you with high-quality services.
- To show you personalised content and advertisements.
- To be able to recognise you as a registered user.
- To analyse and improve our services.
- To keep you informed about what we offer.
Will your personal data be passed on to third parties?
We will not simply sell on your data to third parties, but in certain circumstances third parties will be given access to your data, such as
- Social networks;
- Flanders DC’s service providers, such as IT and infrastructure suppliers;
- Partner organisations for certain events or services. In that case this wil always be mentioned at the place where your data is being asked.
How to request, view or delete your personal data
You may review the personal data we process about you at any time and where necessary, have any incomplete or incorrect details changed. In addition, you can ask for your personal data to be safely deleted if you wish.
Would you like to view, change or have your personal data deleted from our system? No problem – simply send your request by email to email@example.com. We will respond to your request as specifically and accurately as possible.
Last update: 25/05/2018
What are cookies?
You can find more information about how cookies work on the external website All about cookies.
Digital cookies also have sell-by dates
Exactly how long cookies are valid for depends on how they were programmed when they were created.
What cookies does Flanders DC use and why?
These cookies help us to ensure that you enjoy maximum user-friendliness. We use them to remember your language preference so that you do not need to re-enter it each time you visit our site. These cookies also ensure that you will not have to fill in a form again when you reload a page [and that you can view our YouTube videos.]Analytical cookies
XX strives for continuous improvement of not only our XX but also the user-friendliness of our website. Analytical cookies provide us with insight into your surfing behaviour. This enables us to acquire more knowledge and continuously make our site more customer-friendly.Marketing cookies
Thanks to marketing cookies, we can optimise our marketing campaigns based on your browsing behaviour on our website.
Where does the name cookie come from?
The name 'cookie' was invented by the web developer Lou Montulli and comes from 'magic cookie', a term used in UNIX programming to describe a particular procedure. The term refers back to the Chinese fortune cookie, a cookie containing a file.
If you want to make optimal use of our website, it is necessary to accept these cookies. You can do this by accepting the cookie notification during your first visit. You can subsequently change your preferences at any time.
Changing or disabling cookies
Respect for privacy
Questions and updates
We will need to amend these statements from time to time, for example because our website or the rules governing cookies change. We may change the contents of the statements and the cookies listed at any time and without prior warning. You can consult this web page for the latest version.
This website is administered by Flanders DC. For any questions, comments or complaints, you can go through the channels below.
Diestsevest 76, 3000 Leuven
+32 16 24 29 24