Do you have at least 3 - 5 years of apparel design experience in a textile company ? Have you had a chance to cooperate and share experience with the best in the industry in Europe or Far East?
Can you complete a full collection by yourself? Do you speak/write fluent English and French?
Unidad is an international textile company with modern corporate culture, which is looking for an experienced and positive professional who will be covering the below tasks and requirements:
• Responsible for the full product design process - market research, mood board creation, creative design, sketching, technical drawings and specifications as well as fit
• Responsible for the research of global markets in order to identify new trends, fabrics, techniques, etc.
• Combine research findings with creative ideas to input design into relevant collections, compliant to the fashion trends for the season
• Hand sketch and technical drawings, set up specification sheets for pattern maker and production use
• Provide insight regarding style and fit of product during presentation
• Attend fittings and collaborate with other team members for adherence to quality and brand standards
• Ensure that product is consistent with market trends and business strategy
• Responsible for the final approval for sample fit, fabric and trim selection and consumption estimation
• Good knowledge of yarns, stitches and trims and innovative ways to mix knits with other fabrics
• A fashion design degree from a respected institution
• At least 3 to 5 years’ experience as a designer with high end and luxury brands with a proven track record/ success record, awards winner etc.; experience in West Europe is an advantage
• Advanced understanding of garment construction, fit and fabric finishes
• Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Photoshop, Illustrator skills
• Highly organized communicator with an attention to detail
• Ability to travel internationally on a frequent base
• Highly organized, able to manage
• Speak and write fluently English and French
• Excellent eye for detail
• Have a strong ability to multi-task, be very organized
The successful candidate will be a team player with a sense of humor, a strong sense of personal style, exceptional original design skill, and have a genuine passion and understanding of luxury designer fashion.
The Company offers:
• An opportunity to work in an international growing company in the fashion industry
• A perfect environment for your personal and professional development
• An interesting job giving the opportunity to communicate with different partners, in different locations around the world
• Add value to the company being part of a highly professional and open-minded, dynamic team
• Full time - Freelance