This call is organised in the framework of the United Fashion Project. It is carried out by 7 organisations active in the fashion sector all over Europe and supported by the Creative Europe programme of the European Union. The call is open to fashion designers legally based in Europe and interested in expanding to the French market with their Fall-Winter 19/20 collection during the fashion festival 48H Maisons de Mode in Lille, 12 - 15 September 2019.
48H Maisons de Mode in Lille
To mark the end of summer, every year Maisons de Mode and their designers take over Lille’s landmark Gare Saint Sauveur train station for a weekend-long fashion event.
Launched ten years ago, this fashion festival now welcomes more than 15.000 visitors every year. The festival kicks off with two Maisons de Mode fashion shows: one dedicated to the public and one dedicated to professionals. Industry professionals award their Coup de Coeur prizes to the designer of their choice.
All this is followed by two days of activities and events, including: photo shoots, fashion workshops, model casting calls, an important designers’ outlet, parties and other surprises.
- 12th September
- Conferences and workshops on distribution aspects (B2C-B2B) (not open to the public)
- Lille Fashion Night
- 13th September
- Designers’ showroom (not open to the public)
- Fashion shows: one for public and one for partners and professionals
- 14th September
- Braderie des Createurs: designers’ outlet for the public
- Activities: model casting, photo shoots, workshops,...
- 15th September
- Braderie des Créateurs: designers’ outlet for the public
- Activities: model casting, photo shoots, workshops, Glam Run,...
Provisional programme for designers
- 12th September
- Conferences and networking lunch: Maisons de Mode invites experts from the fashion industry to share their vision and experiences about the different aspects of distribution. Whatever the strategy of the designers is (B2B or B2C), they will surely find advises and solutions to perform by listening and asking questions. During lunchtime, designers and professionals will have the opportunity to meet each other.
- 13th September
- Designer’s showroom B2B and networking time: The selected fashion designers will present their SS20 collection to French and international fashion buyers. It will be also the opportunity for the designers to introduce themselves to professionals from the fashion industry.
- Fashion shows: The selected fashion designers will have the chance to present 6 silhouettes from season FW19/20 on the fashion shows. One is dedicated for the public, and the other is more professional oriented with tradeshows, fashion councils and federations audience. The fashion shows are followed with a cocktail.
- 14 and 15 September
- Designers’ outlet (optional): The selected fashion designers are invited to participate to the Braderie des Créateurs, a big designers’ outlet B2C. They will have the opportunity to sell their previous collection, prototypes etc. among 70 others designers.
Details of the participation
From 11th - 12th September (early in the morning)
From 15th (7 pm) - 16th September
Travel and accommodation costs will be taken in charge by the hosting organisation, Maisons de Mode:
- Flight and/or train ticket in economy class
- Hotel in Lille (selected by the organiser) for 3 nights (1 person per brand)
- 19th March 2019: call-out
- 15th April 2019: application deadline
- End of April 2019: results of the selection
- Commercial requirements
Ready-to-wear collection to showcase abroad: men/women/accessories (shoes, bags, jewelry)
- Maturity of the collection ready for export
- A clear export strategy
- Experience in tradeshows or international showroom
- A minimum of 3 sales points
- E-commerce is an added value (own online shop or international e-shops)
- A clear communication strategy
- Requirements specific to the partner country: France
Motivation and interest for all the distribution channels (B2C and/or B2B) and to take part in the 48H Maisons de Mode (conferences, B2B showroom and B2C designer outlet)
- Product quality
- Quality brand image
- Maturity of the collection for export and commercial strategy,
- Relevance to the French market
- Motivation to participate to the project, to explore French market and interest in the topic of the event: distribution
How to apply
- This application form filled in
- For communication purposes:
- A brief description of the brand (max 1.000 signs without spaces)
- Selection of pictures: 5 high-res pictures of the brand (lookbook or fashion images) and 1 high-res portrait of the designer(s) + credits of the photographer
- URL of the website, Instagram and Facebook account
- Logo of the brand (.eps or .ai)
- For the B2B showroom (13th September)
- A presentation of the next season SS20 (inspiration/mood-board, fabrics, description of thcollection)
- Lookbook (if available)
- Price range (wholesale and retail)
- For the fashion shows (13th September) – please note that Maisons de Mode will ask designers to send the outfits around 25th August 2019
- Ready-to-wear designers: pictures of 10 looks of the FW19/20 season that will be presented during the Fashion Show (only 6 will be selected for the show)
- Accessories designers: the lookbook of the FW19/20
- For the designer’s outlet Braderie des Créateurs
- List of 15-20 products (full retail prices and outlet prices should be mentioned)